Friday, September 4, 2009

The Fruits of My Labor




It's been 5-months now since I returned to my home in lovely Southern California.

After a brief 6-month stint in frigid (in more ways than one) Washington D.C., I made up my mind: I would never live anywhere that required clothes-toed shoes more than 2-months out of the year. So I packed my pale, Vitamin-D deficient self back into my car, buckled up for safety, and never looked back.

And here I am now.

After promising myself that I would never take advantage of our ability to garden year-round here in California, I began work on my tiny (and I mean tiny) patch of land. 7 strawberries, 14 green-beans, 3 figs, 1 eggplant, 12 chili peppers, 2 sprigs of parsley, 4 chives, 1 sprig of thyme, 1 squash and 1 small (but valuable) garden later - I am truly and finally home.

No comments:

Post a Comment